The Episcopal School opened in September, 1953 as a kindergarten and primary school in the Parish House of the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. In 1961, a new campus was built adjacent to Midwestern State University where it has continued to serve the children of Wichita Falls, Texas. In order to better represent the multi-denominational student body, the name Christ Academy was formally adopted by the Christ Academy Board of Trustees in November of 2006. The name change became the official name of the institution for the 2007-2008 school year. Christ Academy is an independent, multi-denominational Christian school, which is governed by the local Board of Trustees. As a nonprofit organization, the property of the school is vested in the corporation.