Christ Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory school, and is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC), and is a member of Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS). Click on the links below to find out more information.
Christ Academy: At A Glance
- Early Childhood: 3 & 4 year olds
- Elementary: Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Junior High School: 6th - 8th grade
- High School: 9th - 12th grade
Our mission is to produce academically well-prepared students who model the character of Jesus Christ.
- Average class size is 15 students
- Teacher to student ratio is approximately 1:12
- A faculty of experts who are state and ACSI certified
- 230 students in Grades EC3-12 with all grades on a single 30-acre campus
- 30 classrooms, two highly equipped computer labs, a science lab, a cafetorium, a dedicated art room and a library
- New gymnasium, football field, weight room and pottery studio
- Scholarships: Providing teacher tuition remission, military and ministry discounts.
- Dyslexia: Providing dyslexia education programs for children; training and supporting parents and teachers of children who learn differently.
- Integrated Education and Technology for High School: A blended digital and traditional instructional program.
- Preschool: music, art, chapel and technology introduction
- Elementary: music, art, pottery, foreign language, P.E., Bible, chapel and technology
- Junior High: ceramics, music, pottery, foreign language, digital photography, technology, D.A.R.E., worship and community service
- High School: studio art, Bible, yearbook, foreign language, Leadership Skills and Communication, worship and community service
- Elementary: Student Ambassadors
- Junior High: Student Council, Student Ambassadors
- High School: CAMP (CA Mentoring Program), Student Council, Student Senate and Yearbook
- Parents: PTF., Athletic Booster Club
- Grandfriend's Club and Alumni of Christ Academy
The Episcopal School opened in September 1953, as a kindergarten and primary school in the Parish House of the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. In 1961, a new campus was built adjacent to Midwestern State University. In order to better represent the multi-denominational student body, the name Christ Academy was formally adopted by the Christ Academy Board of Trustees in November of 2006. The name change became the official name of the institution for the 2007-2008 school year. In 2009, a new facility was built on Stone Lake Drive, and the school was moved to the new location during the 2009-2010 school year.