Christ Academy is a co-educational, college preparatory school, and is accredited by AdvancED (SACS), Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and is a member of Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC), and Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS). Click on the links below to find out more information.
Christ Academy: At A Glance
- Early Childhood: 3 & 4 year olds
- Elementary: Kindergarten - Grade 5
- Junior High School: Grades 6-8
- High School: Grades 9-12
Our mission is to produce academically well-prepared students who model the character of Jesus Christ.
- Average class size is 15 students
- Teacher to student ratio is approximately 1:12
- A faculty of experts who are state and ACSI certified
- All grades on a single 30-acre campus
- 30 classrooms, two highly equipped computer labs, two mobile computer labs, a science lab, a cafetorium, a dedicated art room and a media center
- Competition gymnasium, football field, weight room and pottery studio
- Scholarships: Providing teacher tuition remission, military and ministry discounts, needs-based grants, and Christ Academy Scholars.
- Dyslexia: Providing the Take Flight program for children; training and supporting parents and teachers of children who learn differently.
- Integrated Education and Technology for High School: A blended digital and traditional instructional program.
- Preschool: music, art, chapel and technology introduction, Tennis Academy
- Elementary: music, art, ceramics, foreign language, P.E., Bible, chapel and technology, Tennis Academy, private music lessons
- Junior High: ceramics, music, pottery, foreign language, digital photography, technology, D.A.R.E., worship and community outreach, Tennis Academy, STEM
- High School: studio art, ceramics, Bible, yearbook, foreign language, worship and community outreach, Tennis Academy, Business Academy, AP, Dual Credit
- Elementary: Student Ambassadors, Student Council
- Junior High: Student Council, Student Ambassadors
- High School: CALC (CA Mentoring Program), Student Council, Student Senate, Student Court and Yearbook
- Parents: PTF., Athletic Booster Club
- Grandfriend's Club and Alumni of Christ Academy
The Episcopal School opened in September 1953, as a kindergarten and primary school in the Parish House of the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. In 1961, a new campus was built adjacent to Midwestern State University. In order to better represent the multi-denominational student body, the name Christ Academy was formally adopted by the Christ Academy Board of Trustees in November of 2006. The name change became the official name of the institution for the 2007-2008 school year. In 2009, a new facility was built on Stone Lake Drive, and the school was moved to the new location during the 2009-2010 school year.